I need help please!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DeluxeBetaz123

Ok. around 3 days ago I did the new windows download. after that my external hardrive wouldn't work. I went to disk management and changed some "unallocated space" and changed it to the stuff circled in red on the picture. now I wanna change it back... I know I mucked upDisk 1.png

Edited by Moderator (ETAF) for language

Last edited by a moderator:

etaf

Wayne
I have Edited for language this is a family friendly forum please do not use ** or other in appropriate language

Thanks

crjdriver

Then it is pretty simple. You have basically two options;
1 Delete ALL partitions on the drive and create one or more; however you want. Copy whatever data you want back from your laptop
2 Delete the new volumes you created and extend the first partition into the now unallocated space

One other item. This is not really related to your current problem however external drives are not designed to run continuously. They are designed to switch ON and make a backup then OFF. The exception to this is an external with a cooling fan. Something like this NAS;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165534

DeluxeBetaz123

Then it is pretty simple. You have basically two options;
1 Delete ALL partitions on the drive and create one or more; however you want. Copy whatever data you want back from your laptop
2 Delete the new volumes you created and extend the first partition into the now unallocated space

One other item. This is not really related to your current problem however external drives are not designed to run continuously. They are designed to switch ON and make a backup then OFF. The exception to this is an external with a cooling fan. Something like this NAS;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165534
which is the easiest one to do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online