I need help, please.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gamesgurl

My dad has been getting virus warnings when he is browsing the internet. He is using Mcafee virus scan. This is what pops up on his screen: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ACA.DLL and goes on to say this : Start page DU.dll.dr

Mcafee says it has detected this trojan and that it has been deleted and cleaned. But, invariably it comes back the next time he connects to the internet.

Can you help?

Thanks!
Gamesgurl

D

Deletedmember81584

I am sure you need a whole system workover, but I think you should do an online scan by going to the link below. Let us know what happen after that runs, I believe yuou can save the results and post them.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

D

Deletedmember81584

After that you should go here http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/ and download HiJackThis and run it. It will give you an option to save the log file and then you need to copy and paste that log so we can help fix your dad's system.

gamesgurl

Ok I will do that. Please bear with me as he is on dial up so it may take awhile to download these two applications! I will post a hijack this log as soon as I get it done.

Thanks,
Barb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online