1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help please

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by aaron sanders, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aaron sanders

aaron sanders Thread Starter

Hi, im not great with computers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to connect my laptop up to my TV and play games, using my TV screen as a monitor.

I have a compaq presario laptop with Vista, my TV is a Samsung LCD HD 40"
    Im able to set my video card at 60Hz and it says in the TV manual i need a D cable, i then found a 15 pin one on ebay, which will fit my laptop.

So my questions are: Is it posible to make this work?
    What i need to make it work?
    How do set it up correctly?

Thank you, Aaron

2. lilLB

lilLB

what kind of ports do you have on the laptop and the tv
    and by D cable do u mean DVI?
    this should be possible but the way u connect them will depend on what sort of ports you have on both the laptop and the tv
    I know my friend has done it with an S-Video cable but the quality is really bad so you'd want to go with a VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable depending on what you have

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

What is the exact model of your TV and what video ports do you have on your laptop?

4. aaron sanders

aaron sanders Thread Starter

I have a 15 pin port on the laptop as well as the tv. I dont no the manual just sez a D-cable

Thanks aaron

5. abilash81

abilash81

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice