I need help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aaron sanders

Hi, im not great with computers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to connect my laptop up to my TV and play games, using my TV screen as a monitor.

I have a compaq presario laptop with Vista, my TV is a Samsung LCD HD 40"
Im able to set my video card at 60Hz and it says in the TV manual i need a D cable, i then found a 15 pin one on ebay, which will fit my laptop.

So my questions are: Is it posible to make this work?
What i need to make it work?
How do set it up correctly?

Thank you, Aaron

what kind of ports do you have on the laptop and the tv
and by D cable do u mean DVI?
this should be possible but the way u connect them will depend on what sort of ports you have on both the laptop and the tv
I know my friend has done it with an S-Video cable but the quality is really bad so you'd want to go with a VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable depending on what you have

What is the exact model of your TV and what video ports do you have on your laptop?

aaron sanders

I have a 15 pin port on the laptop as well as the tv. I dont no the manual just sez a D-cable

Thanks aaron

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online