I need help setting up my wireless USB adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OmarAbazid

Good evening, I recently purchased a wireless USB adapter off Amazon, it’s a 802.11 adapter. It didn’t come with a CD sand the company told me to download drivers online. I downloaded some but in the device manager it says “This Device cannot start error code 10”. Please help me fix this issue, I’ve been at it for weeks. I can send pics and more info if needed. I just want to get the bloody thing to work so I could take my computer downstairs without it being connected to Ethernet. Thanks for your time

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you running Windows Vista? Did you see any reference in the Amazon ad as to what OSes this device supports? If it is new, there's a good chance it may not support Vista.

OmarAbazid

Are you running Windows Vista? Did you see any reference in the Amazon ad as to what OSes this device supports? If it is new, there's a good chance it may not support Vista.
Good evening, it said in the amazon ad it supports vista. Thanks

TerryNet

Terry
sand the company told me to download drivers online. I downloaded some
Download the most recent one for Vista (that's the only one you should need) and install it. Any errors during the installation?

texasbullet

Ramon
Did you checked the package where the USB adapter came in. The disc should be in between the cardboard in the package. It should be a small CD.

OmarAbazid

Good evening, I have a windows vista computer, and I got a wireless USB adapter for it but I cannot get it to work. It is a Ralink adapter. I got the right drivers for it, but it says in the device manager “This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device code 31.” Can someone please help me fix this issue and get the adapter to work. Thanks for your time :)

OmarAbazid

Did you checked the package where the USB adapter came in. The disc should be in between the cardboard in the package. It should be a small CD.
Hey man, it didn’t come with a CD, I emailed the company about this and they told me to download drivers online for it. Many thanks for your time.

OmarAbazid

Download the most recent one for Vista (that's the only one you should need) and install it. Any errors during the installation?
Hey man, I downloaded the right drivers, and now it says “This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device code 31” Big time thanks

TerryNet

Terry
In addition to the wireless driver what other "right drivers" did you download?

Did you install the wireless driver? And does Device Manager now show that driver to be installed?

Did you do anything with the other drivers?

OmarAbazid

In addition to the wireless driver what other "right drivers" did you download?

Did you install the wireless driver? And does Device Manager now show that driver to be installed?

Did you do anything with the other drivers?
Thanks for the quick reply, I will include pics in this reply.

Attachments

How are you installing the newly downloaded driver?

Just downloading it and running the update like your attachments....is not going to work. Find the downloaded driver and double click it. That will start the .exe installer package then just follow the prompts to complete the installation.

OmarAbazid

How are you installing the newly downloaded driver?

Just downloading it and running the update like your attachments....is not going to work. Find the downloaded driver and double click it. That will start the .exe installer package then just follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Can you please send me a link of a vid of that? Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online