1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need Help to Recover Data from Formated Partition

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rahulrajput, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahulrajput

rahulrajput Thread Starter

Heloo,

i m Rahul, i need some help. i use window 7 Ultimate Edition , i have two Partitions in 320 HDD, d drive is encrypted by bitlocker. after some time i access this drive its give me wizard , drive is not formated. i formated the drive. after that my data is lost.

Please help me if u have any Idea or any software to recover my Data.

Thanks

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it was a Bitlocker drive and you formatted it, you can kiss the data good-bye.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A classic "Catch-22." :) You formatted the drive so you need a data recovery program to try to get many of the files back. But the drive was entirely encrypted. So you first have to run Bitlocker to unencrypt the files. But before you run Bitlocker you have to run a data recovery program.

Perhaps the FBI or CIA have equipment to recover (some of) the data, but it would really, really cost you to engage their services.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice