1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help using a Epson 7880 printer that is on a server

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mehlev, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehlev

mehlev Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to print a poster off of a school printer, an Epson 7880, that is on a server (msserver?) I'm not sure how to access the printer through the computer. There are two drives on the computer where photos are placed prior to printing, an s: drive and an n: drive. I know I need to put my document into one of these drives, but after that I'm lost, because when I click 'Print' the epson doesn't come up. I'm not sure how to go about sending it to the printer.

Before you say "ask your school for help", here's why I can't. I don't want to bore you with details, but the long and short of it is many students (who know how to use the equipment) print things all the time, but it's impossible if you don't know how--the IT guys don't deal with this particular printer, it's one girl from the Art Department. She's like this machine's gatekeeper and only allows Art majors to use it or those with a teacher's permission. The poster's for my own use and I'm not an Art major (I can't lie, she asks for detailed info lol), so I'm trying to figure out how to do it on my own.

Can anyone help? Any suggestions for me to try would be appreciated. Thank you!!

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

TSG will not help you circumvent the administrators of your school equipment.

Find a local shop to print your personal art project.

Closing thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice