I need help w/ grub!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rez410

ok i messed up i think. I installed fedora 4 on a second hard drive (primary slave) . i installed grub on the mbr of my primary master hard drive which contains XP. my problem is that i think i forgot to add XP to grub. when im in grub my 2 options are 1) fedora or 2) "other" which is HP's system recovery. how can I add windows to grub?? I hope i havent lost windows for good:(

Your lose your XP when the sky falls.

If you take bets I put $100 on that you wouldn't lose one byte in XP.

Add these lines to /boor/grub/menu.lst
Code:
title XP in primary master 1st partition
root (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
If the above fails give us the content when you type at Fedora terminal this command
Code:
fdisk -l
The last character of the last line is a small "L". The content will show if your XP is in the first partition or not.

rez410

ok when i went in to my grub file it was like that. then i realized that I have a "system recovery" partition. so i changed it to (hd0,1) Thanks for ya help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!