1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help with finding a compatible gaming graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ninjaslayer649, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjaslayer649

ninjaslayer649 Thread Starter

Computer Model:
    HP Pavilion Elite e9290f Desktop PC

I bought this computer recently second hand and I want to upgrade the graphics card from the current GTX 260 to something newer to play games. Unfortunately, I don't know which gaming graphics card to buy that is compatible and usable for playing modern titles such as PubG. Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 920
    Motherboard: IPMTB-TK (Truckee)
    Installed Ram: 9GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Power supply: 460W
    Computer case size:
    • Height: 40 cm (15.75 inches)
    • Width: 17.78 cm (7 inches)
    • Length: 43.18 cm (17 inches)
    Hard drive: 1TB
    Link to full specifications of the computer: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01901297

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That looks like a pretty old system. Your system will [most likely] have problems with modern video cards that need a uefi interface. Something like a gtx 750ti would be what I would install. Here is a link to one however there is not much to choose from in new cards;
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE78Y0624

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Clipboard.jpg

Besides the current NVIDIA graphic card not having enough "horsepower" for gaming, it uses a lot of power (202 watts).

The current Intel processor may also not have enough "horsepower" for gaming.

Capture.JPG

The suggested NVIDIA graphic card is a nice improvement in performance, and it uses a lot less power (60 watts).

But as I previously said, your gaming experience may be handicapped by the current Intel processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice