I need help with finding a compatible gaming graphics card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ninjaslayer649

Computer Model:
HP Pavilion Elite e9290f Desktop PC

I bought this computer recently second hand and I want to upgrade the graphics card from the current GTX 260 to something newer to play games. Unfortunately, I don't know which gaming graphics card to buy that is compatible and usable for playing modern titles such as PubG. Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Specs:

Intel Core i7 920
Motherboard: IPMTB-TK (Truckee)
Installed Ram: 9GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Power supply: 460W
Computer case size:
  • Height: 40 cm (15.75 inches)
  • Width: 17.78 cm (7 inches)
  • Length: 43.18 cm (17 inches)
Hard drive: 1TB
Link to full specifications of the computer: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01901297

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Clipboard.jpg

Besides the current NVIDIA graphic card not having enough "horsepower" for gaming, it uses a lot of power (202 watts).

The current Intel processor may also not have enough "horsepower" for gaming.

Capture.JPG

The suggested NVIDIA graphic card is a nice improvement in performance, and it uses a lot less power (60 watts).

But as I previously said, your gaming experience may be handicapped by the current Intel processor.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online