1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help with MS Visual Studio 2005

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by MotoX86, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MotoX86

MotoX86 Thread Starter

I am using a Windows Application template in Visual Studio '05 and I have a web browser window applied to the form. My question is, I want to send different mouse and keyboard commands to the web browser. How can I do this?

2. MotoX86

MotoX86 Thread Starter

3. jdean

jdean

Your question isn't clear, please provide more details about what you're trying to do.

4. MotoX86

MotoX86 Thread Starter

In Visual Studio 2005, I chose a Windows Application template and I put a web browser window in the form. I want to send simulated mouse clicks to the browser window at certain coordinates relative to the window. Also send keyboard letters to the window so it can fill in information. The program will send these commands without interfering with whom ever is using the computer while it is running. So, it will run minimize in Windows tray, sending mouse clicks and keyboard keys to web pages, while a user can continue with other work.

I hope that is more clear.

5. jdean

jdean

Much clearer. I don't have an answer for you but I can make one observation that might be helpful. It sounds like you're trying to automate control of the browser. If so, you really don't need to work at the mouse click and keystroke level. There are other, more precise ways, of controlling browsers, such as javascript (e.g., see Selenium, a testing tool that injects javascript into pages to provide programmatically manipulation) and plugins.

It's been a long time since I worked with the Microsoft browser control (it was back in the vb6 environment), but it's possible that the control directly exposes APIs that would provide a simpler solution.

Good luck!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice