1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need help with my Acer Aspire m3600

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Raziel_kc, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raziel_kc

Raziel_kc Thread Starter

hi guys,

im doing this as a last result in the hope that someone can give me a step by step instruction on what to do.

i recently purchased an Acer Aspire M3600, you can view the specs here http://www.acer.com.au/acer/akc/homepc.nsf/Page/RWP27B40D8C875D4B3ACA257317002391C0?open&current=8.2&ms=expand&

it came with windows vista pre installed and didnt come with the actual vista install cd, also doesnt have any driver cds or anything.

i bought the computer thinking that it would be nice and easy to remove vista and revert the computer back to Windows XP professional, but it has been making my life hell.

i insert the xp install cd and it loads all the way until it actually has to go to the XP set up screen at which point it suddenly flashes to a blue screen of death and has to be restarted...

i have tried everything i can think of, im no computer genius but i know a little bit but this is out of my knowledge, i have tried other install cds, i have plugged a blank hard drive into the computer via the IDE port and tried to install XP on that and i have been searching to no end on the internet for a solution but alas there are none that make sense...

someone please help me!!

thanks heaps in advance!

-Kaicey

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome.

Looks like XP may not like some of the hardware.

You should make sure that all of your hardware actually HAS XP drivers available before you kill Vista.

You may have to live with Vista.

3. Raziel_kc

Raziel_kc Thread Starter

im fairly sure XP doesnt come with the drivers for the Sata dvd/cd drive and HDD, i read somewhere that you can somehow add the drivers in using nlite or something along those lines, thought i didnt really understand it so it wasnt much help to me...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice