1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sully1080p, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sully1080p

Sully1080p Thread Starter

hey all,

Im 16 years old and im having some trouble so some help would be great...im new to forums so be easy on me :)

After buying a second hand computer off a freind around two month's ago,i noticed when turning on the computer, in order for me to use the computer i had to keep using startup repair everytime i would turn my computer on and off.When doing so and loading to the desktop it was plain black and it would state in the bottom right corner 'windows is not genuine'.This was a irritating on going problem just that itself but after doing a update,forcing a restart on my computer,i was left with a box saying something like 'desktop refers to a location that is unavaliable',Also two looping box's,the first one saying 'windows explorer has stopped working',then a couple seconds after saying 'windows explorer is restarting'.These box's have left me unable to navigate around as windows explorer resets after around 5 seconds (n) i have the same problem with safe mode. i have now been stuck unable to use my computer for about a month,i would just stare at my screen frustrated by this problem.The only things i can use is the options on the 'recovery options' menu i think its called after using startup repair? ive tried 'memory diognostic' and it does not show any problems? on 'system restore' there are only 3 restore points which i cannot restore myself to however much i try? this is very frustrating and i need some help. :mad:

I am also buying myself a brand new copy of windows but for now i would like to know if there is anyway to fix this problem?

Matthew Sullivan

p.s i do not have a windows disc

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It appears to me why this machine was for sale. Did the "friend" tell you why he/she was selling the machine?
    It just may have many hardware issues and may not ever work.

A new copy of Windows is going to cost you about as much a a new machine.

It would help if you could post the make and model of this machine.

3. Sully1080p

Sully1080p Thread Starter

hey,

The reason for sale was because 'he needed money' but i think he knew damn well something was wrong with.It was custom made for gaming so i really dont know.the reason for buying this was to save me money on some parts as i was set to build my own gaming pc.i have replaced the intel celeron e3400 cpu to a intel core 2 quad q6600 cpu,also replacing 2 gb of ram to 8gb dual channel corsair vengance.Regardless of windows not being genuine,other problems (which didnt effect me using the pc) etc,i was struck by this problem after a update?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since you are running with a pirated copy of the OS, I will bow out, until you have installed a clean legal copy.

5. Jausht

Jausht

Install a new window it. Wipe the hard drive. [piracy advice removed by mod]

6. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Jausht,
    From forum rules - " We do not support P2P file sharing applications or web sites where the aim or much of the content is illegally shared copyrighted music, videos, or other files. This includes torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like."

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice