i need help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcasquejo

I can't access the americansingles.com website. There is a surf control. How can I access this? :(

A) Choose a better title next time.
B) You didn't exactly give a wealth of info here. Do you mean that someone has set a firewall or somesuch to block access to that site?

mcasquejo

yes... i think someone set a firewall or somesuch to block my access to yahoomail, americansingles and other website. please do help me debug this one. thank you.

What kind of error does it give you? Standard 'This Page Cannot Be Displayed', 404, or a different one?

mcasquejo

Yup... i even tried using the kproxy to access the website but even that wouldn't help

Request for the thread to be moved to Web And Email, it should do better there. Do that by using the red triangle at the top of your first post. In the meantime, if you are using windows try this:

Open the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts"(C:\WINNT if using 2k) in notepad. Look through the list to see if any having to do with yahoo comes up. Reply back.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
mcasquejo said:
yes... i think someone set a firewall or somesuch to block my access to yahoomail, americansingles and other website. please do help me debug this one. thank you.

Exactly who set this firewall up?

mcasquejo

i don't know who put the firewall there. please help me.... i want to have access with my yahoo emails...

mcasquejo

yes... oh, so that means i really have to get in touch with that department before i can debug whatever that is that is installed there??? oh...

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Ah, like, yeah........don't you think they do things for a reason ;) They may NOT WANT you accessing certain sites ;)

We can't and won't help you get around things like that.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You're welcome. I'm going to close this thread so no one else comes along with any smart ideas ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online