1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hlisa704, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlisa704

    hlisa704 Thread Starter

    Oct 8, 2008
    I just got my first pc back in May, and now I have three additional pc's for my children also. I want to connect all four to the internet wirelessly, I'm on broadband. can anyone please list for me all the componets or devices I need to make the connection. I know I need a wireless router, but beyond that I am clueless
  2. josephhand


    Oct 3, 2008
    You need a Wireless router for the house. For each PC, you need either a wired or a wireless network card.
    that is basically it. All of these routers commercially available today come with a CD. I recommend you use that and allow it to set up security for you.

  3. JohnWill

    JohnWill Retired Moderator

    Oct 19, 2002
    You might also tell us the make/model of the modem you currently have.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757395

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice