1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need info about a good Image hosting, Photobucket PRO disappointed me! :(

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by matei87, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matei87

matei87 Thread Starter

I've been trying to find a good image hosting to upload my art work (I'm a graphic designer)
    I'm paying for Photobucket PRO, but I'm seriously thinking about switching to another server becasuse all the issues I've had in photobucket.
    All my images are clear & the quality is really good, however whenever I upload them to photobucket the quality of my images will be destroyed! they look GRAINY, BLURRED, even the COLORS look different!
    I realized that what they are doing is COMPRESSING my files!! I don't think this is OK :mad:
    I'm so tired of deling with this, they will not offer a good solution, even when I'm paying for a PRO account.
    I don't care what size the image is "stored" at, I care about how it is displayed.

I will try to upload a sample here so you can see what I'm talking about and the difference of how my images look after they have been uploaded to photobucket :(

Any suggestion or ideas of what I can do?
    Most of the iamges I upload are small because they are "samples" of my work so they measure approx 550x350 ...
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

if you are willing to pay a annual fee you can get a pro flickr account, their service is very reliable and they don't compress your files

(with the free flickr account they limit you to 1024x768, the pro doesn't really have any limits)

if you need free
    imageshack allows some pretty large files before they even begin to compress the image

imgur is pretty much in between but more reliable than imageshack
    but none of these free ones are good for long term storage. PS some ISP's also offer their customers, free web space.

3. matei87

matei87 Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your response.
    Will they work to be displayed in my templates on ebay?
    Do the free account have any bandwidth limit?
    Thanks for ur help! :)

4. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

if you are under 1024x1024 then the free works well but they only allow you to have 200 images on your account at any one time.

as for bandwidth limits, I have not encountered that and many of my pictures have ended up on consumerist.com which caused the views to skyrocket, never had a problem

this is my flickr page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/razor512/

they don't seem to compress the image if they are within the 1024x1024 limit

if flickr feels a image is being DOS'ed then they may disable the hotlink or make a change but other than that, you can link to them.

eg, flickr image being used in another website

http://consumerist.com/2010/12/nyu-professor-installs-eye-in-the-back-of-his-head.html

I have pics that I hotlinked to a few years ago on the g4 forums and they still work.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Check to see if your ISP provides a free personal web page ..
    I know that AT&T and Comcast do .. See my Signature links

6. Hughv

Hughv

Picasa Web Gallery is free for up to 2GB and you can upload any size you want.
    I purchased 20GB for $5.00/year.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice