I need my welcome screen back!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
E

Endemix

So I was in my control panel and decided to switch to classic logon. Then a few minutes later I switched back to the welcome screen. How come the welcome screen and fast user switching are enabled but I'm stuck with the classic?

Windows XP Pro

E

Endemix

sorry but that didn't work...still stuck with the classic logon

To turn the Welcome screen on or off
You must have a computer administrator account on a computer that is a member of a workgroup or is a stand-alone computer to turn on or turn off the Use the Welcome screen feature. Logging on at the Welcome screen is not available on computers that are members of a network domain.

Open User Accounts in Control Panel.
Click Change the way users log on or off.
Do one of the following:
To specify that users log on to the computer using the Welcome screen, select the Use the Welcome screen check box.
A user logs on to the computer by clicking his or her user account name on the Welcome screen. If a password is assigned to the account, the user is prompted to type it.

To specify that users log on to the computer without using the Welcome screen, clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.
The Welcome screen will no longer appear when you start the computer. To log on to the computer, type your user name (and password, if you have one) in the standard Log On to Windows dialog box.

Notes:
To open User Accounts, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
Fast User Switching is available only when the Welcome screen is turned on. For more information, click Related Topics.

E

Endemix

Sorry that didn't work. Even though I have tried that before I thought I would try it again but it still didn't work. Maybe I should make this a little more clear.

Right now the welcome screen and fast user switching are enabled. I can still switch users and log off but the logon and switching screen appear to be the classic logon screen only with an xp GUI feel. I wish I could take some screen caps to show you but it won't let me. This isn't a big problem to me but I would like to have the actual welcome screen back.

This truly will be a test because I have not come across someone yet who can fix it!

Anyways, I really appreciate the help I have recieved so far.

E

Endemix

Ok, I checked it out and found that the main cause of the problem comes form 3rd party networking and remote access products that can prevent Windows XP from allowing the welcome screen. Anyways, I hope this fixes it. If not I'm not going to bother about it anymore.

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online