1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need router help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by javierjavier725, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. javierjavier725

javierjavier725 Thread Starter

i hace two routers both netgear we use one for a program called comcash and the other for internet but just yesterday we connected 2 more computers lan and 1 wireless and now it throws off 2 computers what can i do to fix it

2. sickcars

sickcars

2 routers? are you sure its not 1 router and 1 modem?

Why 2 router you might as well get 1 good router and plug everything into it and have wireless aswell.

Can you draw or more clearly explain how things are hooked up with the modem and routers?

3. javierjavier725

one of the routers is just used for the program comcash and all the computers are conected through lan line and we had someone come and they installed another nic card to get internet access on 2 of the systems and one of them with a pci wireless card and now to of the computers keep on getting thrown off both the program and the internet access

4. sickcars

sickcars

Ok so i still dont know how your setup is. It is like this....?

Modem------>Router------>Router-------> Computers?
    . ................. |
    . ................. |
    . ............. Comcash Program?

I need some sort of diagram/picture to show me how everything is hooked up. But you should be able to update the firmware on the 2nd router (NOT Comcash router) which will hopefully fix your issue. You can also try to unplug for 1min and plug it back in to see if doing that may fix some issues with it.

5. javierjavier725

i think its like this

modem----router----computers and the router for tho program i think is used only to connect all the computers together like a network

6. javierjavier725

i think the program is running of one computer and the rest of the computers connect to that one

7. javierjavier725

do you think it would be a good idea to bridge both routers and have the one with the program as a switch

8. sickcars

sickcars

well that program seems to be pretty important, part of a biz or something from what I was reading?

So if I were you I would not touch that router as you could mess up things.

Your setup seems very weird and since I don;t know to much about that program and how it needs to be setup I don't want to suggest anything, your best bet is to call the person who hooked it all up and ask him for help maybe even upgrade your router if its not very good and so on.

9. javierjavier725

ok.......thank u for everything

10. sickcars

sickcars

No Problem

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice