1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need serious help please!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ronerik, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronerik

ronerik Thread Starter

i recently built a computer from scratch for the first time. i installed windows xp once and had to get rid of it because it was xp from dell and i thought i could use it. well i reformattd my harddrive using maxbast that came with my hdd. well i went out and bought my own copy of xp today. i went to install it and i told bios to boot from cdrom. rebooted and a screen came up that said (verifying dmi pool data.....ntfdr missing) press ctrl alt del. i did that and same screen came up. i know i should have just installed my xp over the other now. did i mess something up? please help me !!!!

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Hopefully you didn't use Maxbast to set up anything special on the boot section. I seem to remember NT not working very well with it.

If you did, I would use a regular Win98 floppy to repartition and then run FDISK /MBR.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!