1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need software to capture output from a paralell port into a binary file. Or ASCII

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by acehigh1, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acehigh1

acehigh1 Thread Starter

I have a client with a PS2/55 with a broken disk drive. When you put a disk in, general failure. If you put strong preassure on the disk drive from below, you get bad sector 0.. I need to transfer a lot of Word Perfect files from this machine to disk, or another medium so I can import them to the clients new machine. Optimally, I would like to be able to attach a parallel cable to from the printer port on the PS/2 DOS 5.0 machine to a windows XP laptop and transer the files using the DOS print command, or some other DOS command or > pipes or whatever and capture them with some sort of software on the windows XP machine. I can't get any sort of transfer software on the DOS box cuz the drive is broken.. Please help!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Look for Laplink or similar. It uses a parallel cable (special data transfer type) to connect 2 PC's together for file transfer

http://www.laplink.com/

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suggest you remove the drive from the machine and connect it to another machine with the O/S intact. It's going to be a lot less screwing around to transfer them directly than try to do it with Laplink or anything similar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/333179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice