I Need Some Advice on A New Video Card!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shadow98fl

Hi all!
My husband needs a new(er) video card (his won't play Oblivion).
He offered me a deal, I get a new video card, he'll take my current one. :D

I need advice on what video card to get, hopefully a newer & better one than I already have. Catch is- AGP. Mine can play all the latest games (so far), so the new one would have to be a better card, otherwise he can buy the new card for his system.

My specs are in my signature. I prefer ATI, but I am willing to go Nvidia if it will be a decent improvement. I definitely do not want another All-In-Wonder card, since ATI's catalyst & MMC software just do not like to play nice together.

So if you would, give me your opinions for a better video card, and tell me why.

Thanks for the help!!

shadow98fl

Well, I think we're going to go with the Sapphire x1950 Pro 512MB AGP, but we're going to put it in my husband's AMD machine. His machine still has some upgrade potential (CPU, memory). Besides- I got to buy the last new video card, so it's his turn to feel the joy!:D

I found one for $249.99, but out of stock. We can wait till it's back in stock!(y) :D (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online