1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need some HD help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Plissken, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Plissken

Plissken Thread Starter

Oh yeah? Well this is what happened.

I bought it and followed the directions to install it with all the cables and everything.

And the computer didn't recognize it. I dunno what to do. I don't think it's broken cause I just bought it today and I didn't have any static on me cause I wore non-static clothes and like, hugged my computer before I opened it. I don't know why, but my computer detects this Maxtor, it detected the Seagate but after all the tests I put it through after getting messages like "Error loading OS" or "NTDLS missing," I figured that it's broken and needs to be sent back. And now the computer doesn't even detect the WD when it's plugged in.

If I can't work it out, I'll return it ASAP and get a new one. This one's a SATA drive like my Maxtor. Should I have gotten a EIDE one instead? WHAT SHOULD I DO?! I JUST WANT IT TO WORK!! I'm tired of this, it's frustrating the hell out of me.

2. Plissken

Plissken Thread Starter

Uh... did everyone forget me?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management. What does it say about the drive when it's connected? Did you partition and format the drive?

4. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice