I need some help with me IE, I dont know what to do

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wilson2004

Im having trouble with links in my address bar of my IE. I would like to get rid of them because i dont know how they got there and either does no one else in my family. I can delete my history, clear cookies, and and delete offline content and files but they still seem to come up. If you type the first letters of the site in it pops up. How do i make them go away?
Thanks

In internet explorer click tools, internet options, on the content tab click 'auto complete' and uncheck the boxes of the items you don't want remembered. Web addresses being the one you are asking about.

wilson2004

That would stop all of the websites from coming up. There are only some that i dont want. Is there some way to delete them out of the address bad? If i do it that way i can only pick to not have any websites show up when i only dont want a few, also would the websites still be there even though you cant see them when you type them in or am i wrong because it is a huge possibility. I thought i happened to read that somewhere but am unsure about it.

Start>>Run>>Regedit
Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
Delete the keys/values you don't want.
The keys are numbered- rename them so they're in order (URL1, URL2, URL3, etc.)

wilson2004

That wont work. A dialog box comes up saying Windows cannot find it. I have windows ME if that makes a difference.

wilson2004

That did work, but i was typing i nthe wrong thing. opps. Those websites are ok though because I have been to them since i cleared my history, its the websites that dont go away after i clear istory and arent in my favourites that are giving me a problem. They arent in that list that showed up under typed urls. I want to know how to get rid of these sites? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Tools>>Internet Options>>Delete Files
Tools>>Internet Options>>Content>>Autocomplete>>Clear

That should get rid of the rest of it.

wilson2004

No,they are still there. I wish i knew what was going on. If anyone knows how to get rid of them id appreciate it. Thanks for the help so far brendandonhu and everyone else.

Does this sound like it might do the trick. http://www.teosoft.com/go/index.htm

I dont want to download it in case it is spyware itself, but has anyone heard of it before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online