I Need Space....but How Much??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SHARON COVINGTON

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...
Got a question
How much space is each "MB"?
I'm going to rent some space for storage..
how much space for each file if mp3 about 2min each can fit
on 10 "MB"???
Okay..to make it simple for me to understand:
1 mp3 (2min each) =???
??? times what =MB
what I'm trying to calculate is each mp3 (2min each is what aprox.)
and how many of those can I store on10MB

Figure about 4 meg per mp3. I have a folder with 44 mp3's that has a size of 193 meg.

in ten meg that makes 2

SHARON COVINGTON

:) Thanks so much...I'm need more space than 10(smile)
where can I find a convertion table...
I hate to sound wet behind the ears(but Iam) :confused:

Well there isn't really a conversion table or at least an easy one to come up with. Mp3 can be ripped in different levels (quality), 320 kbps, 256, 192, 160, and 128, so it can vary. Most people use 128 kbps so that comes down to about 800k per minute.

[EDIT: 800k not 800mb! 1 mb/minute is a good estimate when using 128 kbps. Silly Mike...]

I think Mike meant 800k/minute. I just figure a Mb per minute as a rough estimate.

Oops... yep I did mean 800 k/minute. I found it to be .9 mb/minute so I meant to say 800 k as an estimate... yeah 1 mb/minute is a safe estimate for 128 kbps. Going to edit now...

Well, well... need I say more... :D So was that a spontaneous thought or did you have to think about it for a few seconds? You must admit... that is more brain power than most people care to commit... kudos nonetheless! :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online