1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need the names of some free total file deletion programs...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by axeman61, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axeman61

axeman61 Thread Starter

As around 97% of you here know, when a file is deleted, it's not truly deleted in the gone for good sense. Tracks of the file or possibly the entire file itself lies hidden somewhere in your hard drive. Although I know of Temporary Internet files and have a shortcut to Content.IE5 right on my desktop (I'm on Windows 98 (first edition, not second)), I don't feel that's enough. There are some files I really want gone, and I feel my system would run faster with more space.
    Deleting these tracks and files is the agenda here.
    Does any of you know of a good free program which can do this? Could you also possibly give tips on using it?
    If not, or if there's an easier way, is there a standard procedure you can follow on this, like a command to run in MS-DOS?

Any help is much appreciated.

Also, I'm liking this revised layout and interface... good job to the webmaster.

2. polak

polak

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice