1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need this for my................

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by mysyscrashd, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysyscrashd

mysyscrashd It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I am in search of a very light linux distro about 10 to 20mb.It doesnt have to work much but only have to support few applications like web browser,im,a VoIP and a text editor.Can anyone please refer me ...............

Thanx in advance..........

2. CloudCutter

CloudCutter

There are a number of mini-distros, many of which will fit on a floppy. But they are cli only. If you need x-windows you might give ByzantineOS a look. It takes up 32MB disk space. If this is a problem, you'll need to look elsewhere. The size you're talking about is getting close to embedded systems size. If you can boot from a usb key, you might look around at some of the distributions designed specifically for that. They are larger than 20MB, but being on a usb key that shouldn't be an issue.

Just out of curiosity, why the 20MB limitation? I haven't seen a drive that small for about 15 years. Or is it a partition thing?

CloudCutter

3. mysyscrashd

mysyscrashd It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Ohh that i just wanted to integrate a 22mb flash memory to my motherboard and use that.thats y the 20mb limitation.anywayz thanks a lot 4 takin pain to reply 2 my post.

Thanks Again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice