1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need to be able to page backward on Firefox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dawndd, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dawndd

Dawndd Thread Starter

Hi my friends -

I haven't been here in awhile. I see you are still improving the site. What would I do without my Tech Guys? Anyway, I refuse to use IE so I'm trying to learn Firefox. They have a lot of cool stuff, however I can't find something which should be pretty simple. I'm use to AOL (I promise I'm working on getting into Outlook Express.) I'm use to the arrow up and at the top left upper bar on AOL which simply takes me back to the previous page. I can't figure out how to get Firefox to do this. Any help is really appreciated.:)

Dawn

2. helpmerick

helpmerick

You should have a back and forward button on your Firefox toolbar in the upper left that you can click. If you don't see the Forward and Back arrows, Click View --> Toolbars --> Navigation Bar to see it.

In Firefox, you can also hold down the ALT key on your keyboard and push the Left Arrow key on your keyboard to move back a page. Alt+Right Arrow Key takes you forward.

Have a good weekend.

3. Dawndd

Dawndd Thread Starter

You are a sweetheart. You have a great day also!
    Dawn(y)

4. hewee

hewee

Also click on a blank spot of the toolbar and click on "Customize toolbar".
    Now you see more buttons that you can get and drag to your toolbar.
    Or you can take ones on your toolbar and drag them to the "Customize toolbar" box so they don't show up on the toolbar.
    You can take what is on the toolbar and move it around some place else on the toolbar.

You should get Thunderbird for your email because it is better.

CoLT 2.3.0
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1812
    Great to hide parts of the menu you don't use or need to show up.

CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 1.9.1
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1330
    Adds icons ti the menu and gives other options.

CuteMenus2 2.1
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/660

NoScript
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/722/
    A most have to help protect your PC.

5. Dawndd

Dawndd Thread Starter

Hi -

I did do what Rick said and it solved the problem. I will look into your advice, especialy the Thunderbird idea. I guess I was thinking of Outlook Express because everyone that I know has it and I figured that if I got stuck then they could help me. Of course Tech Guys are always here. :) I like your advice because usually the newer stuff works out better. I will give it a try as soon as I get the chance. I've had Aol since they started but they are a disaster, especially lately. Hey, it's after 1 am in Chicago. I suffer from insomnia and don't expect to get much sleep, but you should go to bed.:D
    Thanks so much
    Dawn

6. hewee

hewee

The add-ons are nice because I can hide the menu or just parts so when you do need to use the menu only what you want is there so no need to look tru all the other things listed you don't use.
    Also you should like Thunderbird better and it's easy to use and you can do so many of the same things to it that you do with Firefox by adding the very same Extensions.

On the NoScript it will protect you but to get thing to work right at some site you have to give NoScript java rights for that site like here at TSG and then other sites you go to that may need it.
    But once you install it just go to all the sites you always go to and give those sites rights if it needs it. Then you export your setting that will have the rights for the sites so if you ever install it again or add it to another PC you can import the list and don't have to go tru all the sites againand give each the rights again.

7. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

I'm a big fan of mouse gestures. I have one programmed to go back a page.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice