1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need to factory restore my Compaq Presario

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Leeann15, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Leeann15

Leeann15 Thread Starter

Compaq Presario 5220 & I dont have the disk for it! is there any free fixes out there for me?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

I've got a Presario 5210 and am not sure if the same information will apply for your computer.

If you can still run Windows, see if you have "Recovery Manager" listed in the Start -> Programs list. Running it should give you several options, including "System Recovery".

If you can not run Windows, reboot the computer and start tapping the F10 function key as soon as the HP/Compaq logo appears on the screen. That should also give you a screen with recovery options.

If neither of the above work, it may be time to contact HP/Compaq about buying a set of recovery discs.

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

You can probably order a recovery CD kit from here.

According to the support site for the Compaq Presario 5220 desktop, it was manufactured in January 1999 and came with the original version of Windows 98.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/966566