1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need to install a Windows 7 Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sigh129, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigh129

sigh129 Thread Starter

Hello. I need to install a Windows 7 Virtual Machine on my Windows 7 OS. I have a few questions to ask in this regard,

1. How much RAM should I allocate to the Virtual machine considering I have 4 GB of RAM?
    My Specs are i3 4005U 1.7GHz. 4GB RAM, Windows 7 SP1 64 bit(dell laptop)
    2. Are there any working guides/video out there that can help me in this regard? I have searched alot but they are either old/ or have unreliable comments.
    3. From where can I get an ISO? That can work well. And also does it during the installation process, ask for a product key if i have downloaded it off from somewhere?

thanks alot! It's an emergency. I appreciate your time and once again thank you very much!

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Before you even start, I think this won't work too well. To have a virtualized OS when you're only running with an i3 and 4GB of RAM will likely mean both the host and VM will run slowly.

If you do go ahead anyway, do you have an additional product key for the VM installation? That'll be required.

3. centrino207

centrino207

You need to download Windows 7 from Microsoft and a product key is required. It is no different if you where to say download Windows vista or Windows 10 from Microsoft web site. A product key is required.

You can buy a product key from Microsof if you do not have one.

Not sure if Microsoft sale any product keys these days other than Windows 10 as Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 these days.

A product key is only good for one computer. If you have three computer in house you need three prucduct keys.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice