I need to install new Bios, never done it before

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobbyd33

I have PCChips M825VXX motherboard, and im having trouble even finding the BIOS driver to download. anyidea where to look, the pcchip website shows 825U but dont they have to be exact matches?Here is where i found

Any idea where to look for bios drivers?

Once I get the download what do I do to install it?

bobbyd33

trying to install wireless network PCI card, and the tech guy who tried and the manufacturer of the D-link router etc, all said I need to update Bios because the PC locks up when I try to either install, or install the pci card

Triple6

Rob
Have you tried a different PCI slot or a different brand of Wireless card?

A flash gone bad can render your motherboard dead.

bobbyd33 said:
Ive tried both PCI slots
yes dead, thats what he said, so dont guess about a bios flash, if your not sure what you are doing, dont do it.

bobbyd33

62-0811-001131-00101111-040201-VIA_K7$M825VXX_RELEASE 08/11/2003

Thats the motherboard ID, im having trouble knowing if I found teh right Bios to use.I found this doing a google search, someone posted this is the right one, but i know little on the subject.

Any one have any thoughts

bobbyd33

I clicked that one, in description it says updates 7.2a to later, i did the everest thing that says 3.1 i think, so will that be a problem?

I dont think anyone here is going to garentee a successful bios flash, so its really up to you, like I said if it was me I would try a different Network card, the day i trust one of those yahoos at tech support, especially if it could destroy my mobo :rolleyes:

bobbyd33

I installed that bios that brite had posted, doesnt make any difference, after I installed it came up as CMOS wrong or some error, but windows loads, and i checked everest looks like same version is still on it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts