1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need to know how to uninstall internet explorer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by MaGlC_MaN, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

hi, my internet explorer has been acting up pretty bad lately, and i need to reinstall it.. the problem is, i dont know how to do
    this :p i went to its directory and couldn't find anything

thx in advance

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi Magic Man,

Which version are you using?

Spaceman

3. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

the newest version, i think its 6.0 or something? i just got it cuz i thought upgrading it might fix it :p didnt happen :)

4. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

OK....what is "acting up"? What is the problem that you are having?

Also, will you please give us a description of your computer and the operating system that you are using?

We are "kinda'" flying blind here.

Spaceman

5. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

hehe its just a bunch of stuff, all i really wanna know is how to uninstall it ;)

i use windows 98 if that helps, just if u know how to uninstall that'd help a lot

thx

6. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

im not the brightest guy around i admit, i found it in the Add/Remove Programs hehe

i was look for "internet explorer" not "Microsoft internet explore" ;)

good job me, sorry for wasting your time, hehe

thx though

7. gameman

gameman

Hmm, ok well not knowing exactly what the problem is, I would suggest checking your add/remove programs in control pannel. You should find a selection saying "microsoft Internet Explorer 6 with tools" or something to that effect. If you select that and then hit add/remove buttion you will get a option to update, repair, or remove. I would try repair then if that does not work try remove. Do not have any other programs running and if you have norton protected trash bin, turn that off. And make sure that your virus protection is off when you do installs, repairs or even uninstalls.

I should mention that somtimes installs fail and if you ininstall and reinstall it will work. But as I said turn off all programs in the background, including norton protection trash bin (if you have that) and any anti virus software.

-Gameman

8. MaGlC_MaN

MaGlC_MaN Thread Starter

ok that didn't work.. heres my problem

everytime i click a link that needs to open in a new window, the window will like open, but just kinda set there loading and never actually load anything.. i asked for help on this before and someone gave me a link that told me to go to start > run > and type in all these .dll files but none of them worked

if anyone can help on this i'd be really happy

thx

9. 12volt

12volt

WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH IE6. WE WENT BACK TO IE5.5
    AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY MORE PROBLEM's

12volt

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Magic Man you can go back to that thread and say it didnt work instead of just leaving it and removing IE, as if that will solve the problem.
    The link problem has been posted before and there are about half a dozen things you can try.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice