1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i need to know which computer to buy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icantfindauniquename, Aug 22, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. icantfindauniquename

icantfindauniquename Thread Starter

signed tech unsavvy
    i need a computer laptop with good connectivity for networjing, reliable, affordable, not cheap but affordable
    for a business that will be working with databasing online
    how nuch is too much? im not playing games
    how much is too little i dont want to upgrade tomorrow or the day after

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Welcome to the site
    The best way to get a helpful response is for you to make some suggestions as to laptops you have looked at on a web search or indeed from local suppliers and then provide links to those laptops

What is expensive to one person - may well be reasonable to another.
    and of course the converse applies.

You must I am sure have an idea of what screen size you need
    Also I think if you have any knowledge of laptops you must also have some idea of if you prefer an Intel CPU or an AMD CPU

In summary whilst we are keen to assist, your question is just too open ended to start offering meaningful suggestions.

If graphics are not important to you, then of course you can save money by going for a laptop, which whilst it has a higher end CPU and good storage capacity etc, it does not have a high end actual graphics card, but uses the integrated graphics in the CPU

Laptops provided with a NVME PCIE M2 drive, as well as a higher capacity storage drive are the ones to go for if speed is important to you

As a starter
    https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/laptop/best-business-laptop-3660914/

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. icantfindauniquename

icantfindauniquename Thread Starter

thanks but i am not familiar at all what is the difference between intel and amd?

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

When you reply please type in box that appears after my post, not please by clicking reply on my post, that as you can see quotes back all of my post

Am I correct in thinking that you are buying this laptop, for use, on an online site, which when you have bought it, you will sign some manner of contract and they will pay you to use the laptop for the purposes of something connected with their online database.

Although that is I appreciate unrelated to the actual choice of the laptop, such arrangements normally include the base spec of the computer that is required to use such an arrangement.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice