Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I need to put sequential numbers.

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Thirteenth 
#1 ·
Hello,

I need to put on pages sequential numbers. I know that MS Word can do that but the problem is that I need to put those number at several different locations per page, but not sure if Word can do that.

Is there way to do that in MS Word or is there dedicated software for that?

Please see the image. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the board.

This looks like raffle tickets or something?

Don't know about Word; you can do this in no time in Excel, just by entering the formula:

="Number 00000" &ROW()

in the top left cell of a worksheet, copying it across & down, and adjusting the row heights & column widths to suit.

HTH :)

#3 ·
If you have to do it in word because you need something other than the number in each box, you could do a mail merge from such an excel spreadsheet.

#4 ·
It'll be a sequence of coupons. 3 coupons per page. On each coupon number repeats 3 times (the same number). 3 different numbers per page. Will be a lot of pages. Will be printed over already existing coupons.

I couldn' t figure out how I can use ="Number 00000" &ROW() it gives me just a cell number. I don't know how to create pages with it so I could print over my coupons.

#6 ·
Thirteenth said:
It'll be a sequence of coupons. 3 coupons per page. On each coupon number repeats 3 times (the same number). 3 different numbers per page. Will be a lot of pages. Will be printed over already existing coupons.
Right.

I couldn' t figure out how I can use ="Number 00000" &ROW() it gives me just a cell number. I don't know how to create pages with it so I could print over my coupons.
OK. Does the attached help?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.