I need to reset my computer to factory settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Woolychicken

I really need to reset my computer to factory settings, but I do not have a disc. I really need to find a download to somewhere where I can burn a disc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! (y)

Woolychicken

All they do is tell me to buy a disc from Microsoft (which I refuse to do). There has to be another way? Thanks.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that computer doesn't have a built-in partition to restore it to its original condition, and if you don't have a Windows 7 DVD to reinstall the operating system, you don't have much other choice.

--------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you know someone who has has the same Windows 7 version that's on the Microsoft COA sticker on your computer, you can use that DVD to reinstall it, then use your 25-character product key to activate it.

We don't provide assistance with downloading Windows 7.

-----------------------------------------------------------

if you did not get a windows 7 disc and there is not a recovery partition then you must have had a trial version installed,click start>allprograms>recovery,there you should find an option to restore to factory settings.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online