1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need to upgrade my PSU for graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stuckonreplay, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stuckonreplay

stuckonreplay Thread Starter

I need to upgrade my PSU for me eMachines EL1352G-41w to 300w for my graphics card. DO I have to find one exactly for this pc model or can i find a non-oem one?

2. ajkane

ajkane

All psu's are compatible with it unless it is a streamline PC. They have antecs at staples I believe.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The EL1352G-41W is a slim PC. To upgrade the power supply you need to buy a new standard case.

The case and small design will also be a problem for graphics card, it'll have to be a low profile card and heat will be an issue.

Your options are a new case + power supply + video card

Or

Sell the computer as is and buy a better system that can handle upgrades.

4. stuckonreplay

Pm'ed

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The system only has two slots, how many are filled now and how much is in each slot? You can only have a maximum of 4GB, 2GB per slot in that system.

This is a Walmart special, and an eMachine to begin with, its truly a basement bargain system and doing a lot of upgrades to this machine is not worth it.

If you want to upgrade the memory, graphics card, power supply, and case then you really need to look at selling this system and building your own.

6. stuckonreplay

The system cost $250 - I can't afford to build my own PC with that budget.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your upgrades are gonna cost about the same if you are looking for a gaming machine. You haven't mentioned what the intended use of the system is or will be.

8. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

That may be true, but you can't buy a Ford Focus and expect to use it as a a wrecker to tow broken down tractor trailer rigs. The only results you are going to have to show for your efforts to upgrade that eMachine are lots of frustration and wasted money that would be better spent on saving for a more capable machine. You might even be better off with a used machine; but you need to decide what your system requirements are and plan ahead.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice