1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I need urgent help recoverying FILES

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mickmorley, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmorley

mickmorley Thread Starter

I need urgent help. I need to retrieve some files which I stupidly overwritten when uploaded a Profile to the wrong directory. A little background, we have User folders set up on our server e.g. \\Server\Users\username, and we also have our roaming profile location as \\Server\profiles\username. Yesterday I was updating my boss’s profile, and I wasn’t thinking right, and I accidentally uploaded it to \\Server\Users\username, instead of \\Server\profiles\username. When it asked “are you sure you want to upload to this folder overwriting all content” I hit yes, then I realized that I mess up and tried to cancel it. I need to recover those files, is there anyway it could have been dumped in a Temp directory or anything… I have search the computer and found nothing… I NEED HELP, or Ideas on what I should do… otherwise I will be in a lot of trouble, I messed up, and these files were important. Please help me ASAP…

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

My read is that you're in a lot of trouble, since I doubt you'll be seeing those files again. :rolleyes:

The classic response to this kind of issue is to erase all evidence and claim ignorance. :D

3. Rockn

Rockn

That is the reson for backups being done on a daily basis.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice