1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I/O Magic Dual Format 8X DVD Burner Errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JT Cole, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JT Cole

JT Cole Thread Starter

I recently bought an I/O Magic 8X Dual Format DVDRW Drive and I have had a bunch of problems with it. I would just like to make sure there aren't some easy fixes to my problems before I take it back and get a Sony like a should have in the first place.
    I try to burn a dvd I created in Vegas 4.0 in DVD Architect (v1.0) but it always craps out on me at 8% after the lead-in. Also, for some reason I can only select a speed of 2.4X in DVD Architect (might be because of my media, but I'm not sure) I'm using Memorex DVD+RW discs. I/O magic tech support is only so helpful, but here's what I have done already from what I found on their formus. I updated the firmware for my drive, but it didn't help. I made sure that this drive is Master on secondary IDE and my other CDRW drive is slave (I already knew it was, but it didn't hurt to check). Finally, I read that many people had this kind of error due to their secondary IDE settings somehow being changed to PIO mode instead of DMA if available. When I checked, I found out that mine had been changed to PIO so I put that back on DMA. STILL NONE OF THIS WORKS ! I'M STARTING TO THINK THIS DRIVE IS JUST CRAP! Please help!

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

What is the error you're getting?

MBN

3. JT Cole

JT Cole Thread Starter

I don't really get an error message. It just hangs up at 8% every time. The drive quits showing any activity and you just have to cancel the burn process.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice