1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I/O Plate removal troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ftgml, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ftgml

ftgml Thread Starter

Finally got to actually building the PC's, I encountered a seemingly silly road block: The I/O plate on the Ultra ULT31584 steel midtower ATX case would not come off.

The plate seems to be double layered and is very neatly made and sterdy. I do not want to use force for feal of bgreaking the back panel of the case. The support at Ultra knew nothing and said I should be able to push it out or had to cut it out.

Any suggestions?

The other case I have is a Raidmax XB whose I/O plate was flimzy and easy to come off after cut a few thin links. The problem for this one is that the Mobo's I/O plazte does not seem to stay firmly in place and is easy to com eoff by a ligh push. Will is be more stardy once the Mobo is installed?

2. BG-0

BG-0

If it doesn't come out easily, just break the one that came with the case. 99% of motherboard come with their own I/O plate, because they can't use the plate that comes with the case. Making the one coming with the case useless anyways.

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Are you sure the one that came installed in the chassis doesn't have 2 screws holding it in?

If it doesn't have screws holding it in, I just take a small block of wood and put the wood on the I/O plate lip and tap it out with a plastic hammer.

4. ftgml

ftgml Thread Starter

Thank you both.
    I do not see any screws and, since it seems to be so sterdy, I am worrying about the possibility of damaging the case and make it impossible to put in the I/O plate from the Mobo maker.
    On Ultra's product box, it is labeled as Exchangeable ATX 2.01 Version I/O. This will suggest that it is easier to pop it out.

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

I don't know what to tell you. Will the "knockouts" on the factory I/O plate align with the motherboard I/O connectors if you remove the "knockouts"?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/784807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice