I/O Subsystem Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slick

I have a COMPAQ PRESARIO 4800 SERIES/PII /32 ram
When I try to boot up, my computer always stops and then I get a error message that says exactly
" While initializing device IOS:
Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load.
Either a file in the ..\iosubsys Subdirectory is
corrupt, or the system is low on memory:
Never got this error before. I'm not sure what this io subsystem thing is . I don't have it on my other machine. There isn't a confi.sys file in the root directory. Can this cause a problem? When I try to do a step by step confirmation, eveything goes through except when it asks to load all the windows drivers then the hard drive goes nuts and hangs up and I get this message...It won't boot in safe mode either....Need some advise on how to get this thing up and running...sure would appreciate it...
Please Respond

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online