1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I often have to force quit my ibook while online!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by mastersk, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastersk

mastersk Thread Starter

Commonly when I am online the screen goes grey over the page stating that I must hold down power button to force quit. It is most irritating! The computer is an iBook G3 500 power pc running tiger 10.4.8. Any thoughts?

2. kalisun

kalisun

Have you tried repairing permissions? It's in the Utility folder, under Disk utility..

another option is to create another account and see if it works in the new account..

Good Luck!

3. mastersk

mastersk Thread Starter

I just did. We'll see how it helps. Honestly, that wasn't even on my radar. But thanks to you, I now know a little bit more about my computer. It corrected a long list of stuff though. A part of me gets intimidated doing stuff to my computer that I'm unfamilliar with. ie downloads, utilities etc. People say that I probably can't do anything to my computer that can't be corrected. I believe that's true, but there was a time when I accidentally changed my wireless preferences and it took me six hours to figure out what I did. Well anyway, THANKS!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice