I only know what I know...

EdGreene

Banned
Hi.

I was and still am strictly confused by all the talk about DSL and "speed". Tryas I might, I could not make heads or tails of the talk. When I used a dial-up modem, my downloads were always in the 4 to 11 KBps range.
With my spanking brand new SBCglobal modem however, my MINIMUM download speed is 79KBps.
Having just checked my KBps speed, it is clocking along at 93KBps or 1MB = 13.2 seconds!
(I recently downloaded an 11.2MB file in 1 min, 32 seconds).

Right now, and since I'm a dummy on things technical, my SouthWestern Bell (SBC) SpeedStream DSL modem is indicating that it is sending at 60962558 (whatevers) and receiving at 27333326 (whatevers), whatever those figures translate out into KBps.

Actually, my sbcglobal DSL is as fast as I WANT to go.

eggplant43

A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten
errr faster is better except for sex
Our resident philosopher speaks:)

and truer words were never spoken:D

Originally posted by EdGreene:
Right now, and since I'm a dummy on things technical, my SouthWestern Bell (SBC) SpeedStream DSL modem is indicating that it is sending at 60962558 (whatevers) and receiving at 27333326 (whatevers), whatever those figures translate out into KBps.
Are you sure those two numbers aren't the total number of bytes sent and recieved...not the speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online