1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I phone 3G

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by Fritz911, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fritz911

Fritz911 Thread Starter

Hi folks,
    I have just acquired a second hand I phone from a friend who bought a new one.
    I,ve never really bothered with, "Smart phones", in the past. I,ve just used phones for phoning, and computers for email etc.
    Trouble is, I quite like this thing and would love to configure it for email etc.
    I stuck the SIM card from my old phone in it and it works fine as a mobile phone, camera etc, but I,d actually like to get the email facility working.
    I,ve tried Google, You Tube etc, but cannot find ,"Idiot-proof", step by step instructions to configure it.
    I already have a few email accounts, "AOL", "Live.com", and another for my work which I,d like to access from the phone.

Any help much appreciated.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You have to get a data plan from your wireless carrier.

3. Fritz911

Fritz911 Thread Starter

Who, or what is my wireless carrier?

thanks for replying.

4. valis

valis Moderator

Your wireless carrier is the company you are paying for your cell phone; i.e., Sprint, Verizon, etc....if you don't have one, you will need to get one to make that work.

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

If they have WiFi in the house, couldn't they use that? (Obviously not outside of the house - then that would require a carrier)

I have AT&T and the iPhone 3GS and use their network to check email, etc.

But my iPod shuffle, I can check email and use the web simply from my WiFi network.

6. valis

valis Moderator

Yup, I would imagine that would be fine.....I hadn't thought about that, actually. Only iPad is The Twits, and we obviously keep that off the internet........

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice