I plugged in a mouse..now I need a password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kriskait

Please help! I purchased a Toshiba laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. Everything was working fine. Last night, I plugged in a Dynex wired optical mouse (which the guy at Best Buy told me, was compatible...(just need to update their packaging). The mouse blinked briefly, then the screen froze. I called Toshiba support. After trying all of the usual shut down steps, he had me remove the battery....Now I power up, and the screen goes blue and asks for a password, it won't let me use the options of F2 or F12. The fellow at Toshiba said to return it. The folks at Dynex say the mouse is not compatible and they referred me to Microsoft for the password. The folks at Microssft say they can't help because Vista came pre-installed. Do you have any other options for me? As it is now, I have a 4 day old laptop....no password and no support! Should I just return it?
Thank you in advance.

...and by the way, the Dynex mouse is a standard USB mouse that is supported by standard Windows drivers. The problem is with the laptop.

Since your sales person at Best Buy hasn't the slightest clue, don't go back to him anymore. Also, you can return the laptop back to Best Buy.

Courtney sends....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online