1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I replaced a bad power supply, now windows won't boot. Why?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adp98408, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adp98408

adp98408 Thread Starter

Just replaced a bad power supply in my HP m1080n Media Center. Computer turned on and said windows failed to load. Gave me several options, Boot normally, boot in safe mode, boot from last working configuration, etc... Tried all of these and sometimes the comp shuts off as soon as I make a selection, and sometimes i get all the way to the XP boot screen and the loading bar starts to move before it craps out. Tried the recovery disk but no luck there either. Any ideas?

I've also posted this question in the Hardware forum because I'm not sure if it's a hardware or a software problem.

HP Media Center m1080n

Replaced original Bestec 300W PSU with 300W HIPRO PSU ordered from HP.

System specs are at this link... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00213797&lc=en&dlc=fe&cc=us&product=426502〈=fe#N346

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/838290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice