1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I require around 5 or 6 copies of MS Office for office computers

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by zorgan, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

Hi there,

I noticed there are various copies of ms office around, what i require is around 5 or 6 copies/licenses for microsoft office, we just need excel and word really....so all the other stuff we are not too worried about....

which would be the best version for us to get, for just excel and word....(home/student?)

also do we need to buy each copy or is it cheaper to purchase licenses for each machine?
    will this be a cheaper option?

lastly, where would be a good place to purchase the copies/licences from? as the price does not half vary!

thanks for any advice...

regards,

Zorgan.

TIA

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

IF you do go for MS Office, as an office the home/student version is not legally one you can use - I mean, it is for home and student use.
    Usually multiple licenses are cheaper than multiple single copies.
    But, from your described needs, I agree with 1002richards - openoffice.org (that is actually the legal name, oddly) will do nearly everything you need.
    The only weaknesses are
    1.) (and this one that I think is being worked on, or might even be fixed by now (been awhile since I checked) you can't run VBA scripts and
    2.) OO is not yet compatible with Office 2007 files, although there are work-arounds.

4. icmpechome

icmpechome

5. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

hi there, yes open office is what we currently use however, we require ms office only to use......I noticed Aria Technology doing copies of home and student for around 69 pounds......would this be the cheapest option? to buy per machine?

6. icmpechome

icmpechome

Home or Student would be the cheapest option if you are a student or buying this for home. BTW Home and Student 2007 allows you to install on up to 3 computers in the home at a time.
    If you are a business or are going to use Office commercially you will need to purchase the Standard version. Fines for not following the licensing are maximum $150,000 per license deficiency if caught.:eek:
    Openoffice.org may be a better solution as its free.:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice