i run the software an the hebrew fonts are backwards!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yauluhim

i use win xp pro with hebrew enabled (the interface is in english and all but i have hebrew fonts installed through the regional and language settings).

i used to have win 98 SE and i ran lighttek's software - Talisman, its a shell customization software for anyone that didnt know.

on win 98 it ran perfectly, except for a crash here and there (win 98 you know... :) and when i tried to run it under win xp the hebrew fonts appeard backwards.

i want to say that i dont have those problems with other software (except desktopX. with it i cant see hebrew at all, i see gibrish...)

can anybody help?

Tzvika.

Contact the program author or visit their website to see if there's a Win2k/XP-compatible version or any patches available . . .

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
When I look at Hebrew fonts, they always look backwards to me. :)

Have you tried changing the options in the "regional and language options" (located in the control panel)? Click on the "languages" tab, and in the section "supplemental language support," check the box next to "install files for complex script and right to left languages." Then click on the "advanced" tab and check the boxes next to any "code page conversion tables" you want to install. I believe Hebrew *is* an option. ;)

Before applying these settings, be sure to check the box next to "apply all settings to current user account...etc."

Don't know if this will work, but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Mollie
_ _ _
"Sarcasm is just one more service I offer."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online