I screwed up my Backup Restore

dannys22

So I reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 and performed a restore from my Acronis backup I made. I choose the folders without the partition or disk boot thinking it would go to the root. It took about 8 hours to restore from a ESATA drive and afterwards I found I must of did it wrong. I see my restore listed as a subfolder of the new C drive, like this
Local Drive C
>Drive C
I has all of my files. Can I fix this situation? Could I move then to the correct position or do I need to erase them and try to restore again?
Thanks for the help.
Danny

Attachments

I may be wrong, but Acronis will restore the whole drive, including Windows and all data. So you don't have to install Windows first and then run Acronis.

dannys22

I may be wrong, but Acronis will restore the whole drive, including Windows and all data. So you don't have to install Windows first and then run Acronis.
Thanks for the reply. My issue was I lost my windows boot manager and couldn't boot the drive. So the 1st time I did a restore I did the whole partition and everything, then I couldn't boot again. So I wiped the disk and fresh installed win 10 pro 64 then tried to restore the folders and files but somehow did it wrong. So I'm trying to figure what I need to do to fix my screw up.
Thanks
Danny

dannys22

Dumb question, can I do a system backup of the old 500gb M.2 SSD drive and restore it to the new NVMe SSD drive? Will I need to do a single formatted partition?
Thanks for the help.
Danny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online