1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I screwed up reaaaaal bad

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Shamry, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shamry

Shamry Thread Starter

I was trying to install Hearthstone on my sim card connected to my android device, and to do that I had to root my phone, save the files on the respective places on my sd card, then use "FolderMover", an app that effectively redirects your phone's apps to look to a different location (in this case the folders on my sd card) when they try to read from a specified area (the auto-created folders used by the game). I ended up scrapping it so I could come back to it later and finish, but there's now an empty folder with the location "/data/data/com.blizzard.wtcg.hearthstone". When I try to install Hearthstone the normal way, I end up getting a "-24'" error code, which the empty folder appears to be the cause of. The problem is I can't delete (even as a superuser) the folder in /data/data. I'm wondering if there's some easier way to delete it than creating an app (which I know can access that directory). Thanks for any help you can give!

2. angeloanan

angeloanan

Can't thinks a way. Maybe the only way to resolve this is by factory resetting your phone.

3. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Sounds like it's "half rooted". Your choices are to finish the root process or follow the steps to un-root it. Doing a factory reset may or may not work depending on how far in the process you are. If you replaced the boot loader and/or ROM, the factory partition is probably gone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice