1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I screwed up!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by iamsolost, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

Ok so I got a PC off Craigslist and I'm pretty sure I got screwed. :mad: It had some kind of K12 stuff on it. I didn't know what that was so I Googled it. Found out it's a school program. So I tried to uninstall the stuff and it didn't work. So then I tried to look up how to get the computer back to factory thinking that would help and ah NO! I followed some stupid instuctions I found on Google and now my hard drive is wiped and it won't let me install another OS!!:confused::mad::( I am using my daughters laptop to write this. Ugh! I don't know what to do. I know I shouldn't have been playing around with it but I did.:(:eek: I don't know if theres a hard drive problem or a Bios problem. I don't know what settings the BIOS should have. Like the title says I SCREWED UP!!:eek: I don't know what info you need so if I'm missing something please let me know. THANK YOU (I also have two laptops with problem with anyone is bored:))

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B26 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1789 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 384 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 185964 MB, Free - 162215 MB; D: Total - 31252 MB, Free - 31152 MB; G: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 454764 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3047h
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

When you say it won't let you install another OS, what exact message did you encounter ?

3. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

First it said BOOTMGR missing and it says Non-system disk or disk error. It won't let me do anything

4. Lance1

Lance1

5. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

It came with Windows 7 Home premium already installed so I don't have a disc. I've tried installing an old XP disc and it goes al the way thru but right after it says starting windows it goes to a blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer" "check your hard drive to make sure its properly configured and terminated" "technical information: ***stop: 0x0000007B"

6. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

It a Hp Compaq 6005 pro sff. And I tired to get to the recovery first and couldn't. I followed some instructions I found on Google that had me go into the BIOS menu and perform some Raid hard drive wipe?? I know! I messed up!

7. Lance1

Lance1

So you used the procedure in the link that I posted in post #4?

8. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

The first thing I tried was press f8 and tred the recovery. I restarted it and that's when it said BOOTMGR missing. So I tired the bios thing and that's when it started the Non-system message

9. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

I also downloaded the windows iso image and tried to install that from the use and still nothing. Ugh

10. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

Almost forgot, before I started all this I did back up everything on an external hard drive but for some reason the computer says that its bad?

11. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    First of all when the person sold the computer they should of made a complete reinstall which would of removed all of their stuff on there.second if your trying to put windows xp in there thats fine but please make sure there is xp drivers for your model of computer otherwise it might be a lesson in futility to find them. i found out the hard way when i tried to put xp in an inspiron 1440. it was no go.there were no xp drivers at all.to put xp in there you need to go into the bios and change it from AHCI to either ATA,SATA,IDE, or compatability.Then put the xp disk in and boot from the cd drive.no you didnt screw up we were all beginners at this at one time and you just learn by doing.if worst comes to worst you can see if theres restore/recovery disks for your model and brand of computer.just contact whoever made the computer like dell,hp,acer, etc and go from there.

12. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

The computer and all the accessories were still in the box. So I didn't think anything would be wrong. I'm pretty sure all that stuff was pre-installed. And I am going to have to get a recovery disc. I can't get anything else to work. Hopefully that will. I want to Thank You SUEOHIO for not making me feel like an idiot. I'm just trying to do the best I can. I can't afford to take to an expert.

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Somewhere on the computer there should be a Certificate of Authenticity sticker with the 25 character Product Key and the version of Windows that was pre-installed. What Windows does it say?

14. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is that the same Windows that was pre-installed? A legit .iso or a pirated (probably torrent) version? Did you create a bootable DVD or USB or try to install it some other way?

15. iamsolost

iamsolost Thread Starter

Windows 7 Pro and I downloaded it from www.[suspicious site reference deleted by mod].info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/ I burned the image to a USB using the Windows downloading tool

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice