I seem to have no My Music or My Videos folder...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Holly3278

Hi everyone. I deleted my old user account on my Windows XP Pro machine a few weeks ago and now I no longer have a My Music Folder or a My Videos folder. Either that or it just simply isn't showing up in the Start Menu and is hidden somewhere. Anyone care to help me figure out what's going on here and how I can fix it?

You might be able to create a shortcut on the start menu by clicking on Start and then going to "Set Program Access and Defaults".

Holly3278

I see what you are saying but that's not what I want to do. I want the default My Music and My Videos folders to return and go back to their normal place in the Windows XP start menu (not the classic version but the default XP start menu).

Holly3278

Hmmm, My Videos is located within My Documents but the My Music folder and My Pictures is still missing...

Holly3278

Believe it or not, I went into the My Documents folder and created these folders and they started showing up in the Start Menu where they would normally show up. I've never seen my computer act like that before. Now if only I could get the icons back again so that they look like they are supposed to as opposed to plain folders.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online