I set my screen resolution to high for my monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bcbj87

i set my screen resolution to high for the monitor and now the monitor will not show anything not even the BIOS i even put a boot-up disk in to try and reformat the hard drive but i can not even see that what can i do about this problem? i am running windows XP pro SP2

etaf

Wayne
try booting in safe mode

As the PC starts tap F8
you should get a menu -
boot into safe mode
then goto display - properties - screen resolution and change the setting there - This has worked for me before on one occasion ( I did not expect it to, as in safemode it should load a generic vga drive - but it did work and fixed the issue) good luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online