I shaved my beard off (and a little about me)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnnyburst79

Hello! I think no one here knows me beyond the few random postings I have made here and there, interjecting when I see something worth posting.

My name is John and I run the helpdesk for a Baltimore tugboat company. When I say run, I really am all there is to the help desk, with a few other IT guys helping me out on the back end when problems arise.

I spent 5 years in the Marines repairing missile guidance systems and night vision goggles as well as artillery sight repair/adjustments. Got out, became a bouncer for a while, and then got back into hardware. Started my learning curve into computer hardware, then software, and 3 years later, here I am.

Anyways, I have had a beard for 3 years, ever since I got out. It has given me a permanent scowl look, even if I am smiling. And last night, I shaved it off. That took quite a long time, 2 showers. Now, my face is all kinds of raw. But to be able to blow up on my nose again is cool. And my face has nerves which are feeling the cold air for the first time in years, giving it a tingling feeling.

And last night, I met up with my ex (fwb, now) and we kissed. It felt SO much different that with the beard. Much better!

I will also say it hid my (small) jowls. But seeing them, it has lit a fire under my *** and I will be doing lotsa cardio in the gym, starting today.

Anyways, I thought I would share. Thanks for no newb bashing :D and have a great day!

Attachments

ooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

Glad to see another former jarhead on the boards.Welcome aboard vbneteng!

So do you like it up there in Ball-mer? Back in the day I'd make a bunch of the associates get their cars and drive me and a bunch of other partners up to Lexington Market for lunch. They'd suck down those raw oysters, give me the creeps. But I always enjoyed the different ethnic foods available and shooting the breeze with the food vendors.

Guyzer

Guy
Shame on you for cutting your beard.;) I grew my first one when I was 18. Shaved it off twice because of drunken dares during my early twenties. Once completely and the second time just 1/2 of it. I had to wear it like that for 24 hours to win the cash but I did it.:D I'm 52 now and haven't shaved it since with the exception of keeping it trimmed short. My wife of 24 1/2 years has never seen me without a beard.:cool:
Belated welcome to TSG.

johnnyburst79

Thanks. I do like it in Baltimore except when I have guns pointed in my face (has happened once thus far). I much prefer the country air.

Lexington Market, eh, not my cup of tea. There are better ethnic restaurants in Mt. Vernon area, where I live.

Mr. Welder, all kinds of moto. yuuuuutttttt :D

Wimpy, it feels all kinds of different. Thus far, the younger women like it, the older women don't. I do have another date tonight and we will see how she likes it.

I did get an after pic, so as soon as I can get the USB cable for my digi camera (someone lost it)

Guyzer

Guy
vbneteng said:
Wimpy, it feels all kinds of different. Thus far, the younger women like it, the older women don't. I do have another date tonight and we will see how she likes it.
My wife would get real cranky if I shaved it off and tested it out on women.

johnnyburst79

Well, I don't have the wife thing yet. The woman I saw last night liked it. But she had always seen me with it. I am meeting someone new for the first time, but she has seen pictures of me with it, not without.

Shadow Bea

Cherished forever in our hearts
Mr.Welder said:
ooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

Glad to see another former jarhead on the boards.Welcome aboard vbneteng!
Can someone tell me where the term Jarhead came from and what it means? :D :D

Oh and welcome vbneteng :)

Hubby never had a beard, he did have a mustache which he shaved of a couple of years ago.. I like the way he looks better with it.. Very distinguished LOL But I like the way he feels, much better without it.. Just a female point of view :D

johnnyburst79

Jarhead is a term orignally applied to sailors and the squared cap they wear in their whites. It was then evolved to the Marines because of the high-n-tight haircut that made heads look like the top of jars.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Years ago, I had a beau who had facial hair (full beard and stash). Then, one morning, he "surprised" me with a clean-shaven face. Who knew the man had no chin nor upper lip. :eek:
I did not miss the bearded chin-burns not the whisker tickles at all, but visually it took quite some time for me to get used to it. Erm....I never did, so he grew the hair back as soon as he could. ;) :D

johnnyburst79

I have a chin, and an upper lip, so no worries there. :D

I think I will grow it back sometime, after I get in much better shape. I want to lose some excess mass (my overall anti-resolultion) and that will kinda give me the determination to do so.

Never been able to grow a beard very light skinned and light haired, my wife likes a mustache so I keep that. A former jarhead?? no such thing once a Marine always a Marine your either Active or inactive but always a Marine SEMPER FI................

Shadow Bea

vbneteng said:
Jarhead is a term orignally applied to sailors and the squared cap they wear in their whites. It was then evolved to the Marines because of the high-n-tight haircut that made heads look like the top of jars.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Thanks :D I was curious about that LOL My husband was Air Force and didn't know :)

( he has a nice chin and upper lip :D)

Good morning Carolyn hope you had a good Christmas :)

Good morning, Bea. :) Christmas was OK, thanks, but I am glad it's done and over with. Such a lot of whoopla over one day. :rolleyes: :D I do believe there are still some pots to be washed, but I am on vacation;) :p :eek: :D

Facial hair can be used to cover a myriad of "issues" but I now check under da beard for major flaws. Having no chin? Yes, that'd be one, but it turns out he had no spine, either and no amount of back hair could have covered up that factor. ;) :D

No amount of leg hair would be enough to cover up my knobby knees, although I think most men would rather see the knobs than the furry rug that covers 'em.:D I think. ;)

Happy New Year, everyone :)

Shadow Bea

MightyQueenC said:
Good morning, Bea. :)
, but it turns out he had no spine, either and no amount of back hair could have covered up that factor. ;) :D
LOL. True!!

MightyQueenC said:
No amount of leg hair would be enough to cover up my knobby knees, although I think most men would rather see the knobs than the furry rug that covers 'em.:D I think. ;)

Happy New Year, everyone :)
You're on vacation :D no shaving!!
Happy New Year to you Too girlie! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts